Home > Patient Tools > FAQs


What if my child becomes ill while the office is closed?

For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1. For all urgent medical needs, please call our office at 704-384-1950. After normal office hours, calls will be forwarded to the after-hours triage support team.

Where do I park when I bring my child to your office?

There is ample parking in front of the main entrance to our building. Handicapped parking is also available.

What if my child has to be hospitalized?

A team of hospital specialists, Novant Health Inpatient Care Specialists, will admit and care for all hospital patients. There is open communication between the specialists and your child's pediatrician and each has access to the other's records. Because the inpatient specialists cover the hospital 24 hours a day, we believe hospital patients receive the most prompt and professional care from them.

Should I call for my child's lab results?

If you have not heard from us within three weeks of testing, please call our Medical Records Department and they will be happy to assist with getting your child's results. Please refrain from calling for results if it has been less than three weeks unless you have been specifically told to do so from your pediatrician. Calling early could actually delay reporting the complete set of results as it disrupts the normal medical records flow.

How do I use your automated telephone system when calling during office hours?

Please follow the prompts for the fastest connection to the area in which you need assistance. If you are unsure who you need or you need assistance from our operator at any time, press 0 and they will be happy to facilitate your call.

What if I have a non-urgent question when the office is closed?

We ask that routine questions, prescription refills and appointments be made between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our after-hours support team is focused on addressing urgent medical needs. They do not have access to your child's medical records or test results.

How do I have my child's medical records sent from your office to another pediatricians or physicians?

With proper release from the patients legal guardian, we will be happy to send copies of your child's records to another provider. If we refer your child to a specialist, we generally send pertinent records as a courtesy. There may be a charge for copies and mailing associated with other release requests.